Westworld on HBO

Mixed feelings for me. I did enjoy the Star Trek reboot, but that probably has more to do with the actors coupled with good special effects than Abrams' directing. I completely agree on Star Wars. He just killed it, and not in the the good sense. I felt I was watching a bad version of the excellent original trilogy, and I found it boring.

I liked the original Westworld. It was cheesy as hell, funny in parts, and yet suspenseful enough to hold my interest (of course I was a kid back then), kinda like the original RoboCop.

This HBO trailer looks like it gets all serious - and stuff. lol

^this

Star Trek worked, Star Wars sucked.
Haven't seen the new Westworld trailer but in my worthless opinion its got a 50/50 chance...

^this

Star Trek worked, Star Wars sucked.
Haven't seen the new Westworld trailer but in my worthless opinion its got a 50/50 chance...

Very much concur with the lot of you-- new Star Trek was good. New "Star Wars" was boring garbage. And we have a never ending stream of such drivel to look forward to annually.

Westworld was written by Michael Crichton-- it has that going for it. And it's before most of the other "robots go wild and attack the guests" copies. (Not all obviously-- Frankenstein is pretty much the same thing.)

On the other hand, I haven't seen Westworld since I was a kid in the 70s. I liked the movie then-- no idea about now. I don't want to pay $2.99 to find out. I'll wait for HBO.

You guys knocking the latest Star Wars movie a crazy.

Maybe you don't remember the steaming pile of **** known as the prequel trilogy.

Episode 7 is not quite as good as the original trilogy, but it's a hell of alot better than anything Lucas would've done.

You guys knocking the latest Star Wars movie a crazy.

Maybe you don't remember the steaming pile of **** known as the prequel trilogy.

Episode 7 is not quite as good as the original trilogy, but it's a hell of alot better than anything Lucas would've done.

The original Star Wars isn't as good as everyone remembers it being either.

Back
Top Bottom