• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What’s the best snow chains for a truck

hikingthehills

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Lego that laid the Golden Hen
74   0
Reaction score
Wanting to get some since I’m working out of town and with the threat of winter weather coming, if necessary I want to be able to make it home if needed.They would work well with mud too. I haven’t been able to install a whole home generator yet and every time the wind blows the power goes out. If needed I would probably have to set up everything for the family. I have a portable generator and different heater’s but I think the wife would have a hard time setting it all up. We’ll be getting a wood burning stove next month but till then we just need to fall back on what we have. Anyway what do yall have and what would yall suggest, I have 0 experience with them but if we end up with another snowpocalypse like 2014 if would be nice to have.

Wanting to get some since I’m working out of town and with the threat of winter weather coming, if necessary I want to be able to make it home if needed.They would work well with mud too. I haven’t been able to install a whole home generator yet and every time the wind blows the power goes out. If needed I would probably have to set up everything for the family. I have a portable generator and different heater’s but I think the wife would have a hard time setting it all up. We’ll be getting a wood burning stove next month but till then we just need to fall back on what we have. Anyway what do yall have and what would yall suggest, I have 0 experience with them but if we end up with another snowpocalypse like 2014 if would be nice to have.

Chains suck for snow, and sometimes they just dig you deeper. They do help with ice (which is mostly what we get here). I haven't picked them up for my current vehicle, but I've kept a set of the "cables" in the last couple. Most of them come in a nice little pack that's easily stowed until you need them.

Snow chains?

starwars-obi-wan.gif

Back
Top Bottom