• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What 10 mm for my back country hunts?

I'll be in the market for something to fill the same role soon; I myself am torn between either the G20 or the M&P 10mm.
I think the Glocks are ugly guns, so I'm not surprised you didn't like it. I have always felt that way, but after shooting my brother's Glock 20, I don't care how they look. I shot his very well, despite being spoiled on much better triggers and never having owned a Glock. Never looked much at the Springfield XD line.

This or Glock 29 with Buffalo Bore hard cast 200gr will suit you.

In all honesty I would revisit the Glock, in particular the Glock 20, They are durable, the mag holds 15 rounds, a far greater capacity than either a revolver or a 1911. I’m not that familiar with the S&W or the SA offerings.

Think about a nice revolver taking a spill in some mud and muck. This situation won't be nearly as harmful to a Glock. You can clear the action, rinse it out in a stream and truck on. BTDT.
lol

I use a Ruger Security Six in 357 Magnum. I have three of them and you can disassemble a Ruger Security Six with a dime. They are great hard use guns that will shoot good for a long long time.

I have smaller hands and the Glock 20 did not seem to fit me well......until I took it the range. It shoots fantastic and I have a Burris FF3 on mine. Fantastic pistol for deer or protection! See if you can meet someone who has one for some range time. You may change your mind.

Back
Top Bottom