What a day, fiancee's car is dead

I'd use them again too. No one will admit mistakes these days.
And if oil goes well, the car might even last longer now.

Side note, last 4.0l motor swap I've dealt with from allsouth was good work. Ac and everything worked like it should. But got 12mpg?

Speaking from years of experience in the automotive industry, what it insurance company is going to approve them to replace is 99% of the time going to be a junkyard engine with similar mileage to the original unless a salvage unit is unavailable for your vehicle. I've dealt with pretty much all of the major mechanical vehicle insurance companies out there first hand. Hope everything works out for you.

I am pretty sure they are only going to cover THEM putting in a new engine. They would not want to pay the retail cost of an engine or the full labor cost of you having it installed elsewhere. If they seem like they know what they are doing, I would be OK with it. MAKE SURE IT IS A NEW ENGINE and not a junkyard special.

Good Luck

Sorry. But I would not be putting an new engine in. They would be getting an engine with close to the same miles as the old one. That is an industry standard and the insurance company and Better Business Bureau would agree with me.

Back
Top Bottom