What a day, fiancee's car is dead

Good to hear positive news! I've been through the same situation with a new f350 diesel banger and it turned out just fine. I no longer get my oil changed at the chain though,just to be safe.

None of my cars has ever seen an oil change shop. My dad used to have his done at one of those places- and they ruined two oil his oil pans by sticking the plug back on with an air wrench. Stripped hell out of the pans.

Most of those places hire people who don't give half a ****.

Sounds like it was an issue of "double gasket" on the oil filter. I started my automotive career as a GS tech. The lube guy was probably a noob. When you install a new filter you want to wet the gasket of the new filter with oil. The reason for that is to create a good seal and prevent a "bond" of the gasket to the mating surface. If you don't do this, when you remove the old filter, the gasket can stick to the mating surface. The noob mistake is not checking to see if this has happened and if so, peel off the old gasket before installing the new filter. If you install the new filter and sandwich the old gasket "double gasket" you are garenteed to blow off the filter and drain all the oil while driving.

On another note. My brother-in-law had his oil changed at Walmart. They left the drain plug lose and 50 miles down the road the motor blew. After going round and round with them they basically told him to go F himself. The sad part is he worked for that Walmart.

you got lucky on that one. Most places would close down before they took blame for that one. You should keep getting your oil changed there. Sounds like a 1 and a million place.

Yeah, and I'd have no problem recommending them if I were you.

- - - Updated - - -

None of my cars has ever seen an oil change shop. My dad used to have his done at one of those places- and they ruined two oil his oil pans by sticking the plug back on with an air wrench. Stripped hell out of the pans.

Most of those places hire people who don't give half a ****.
+1, mine are all done on Saturday in my driveway.

I understand that the Chain caused the problem, mistakes happen everywhere. but I don't understand why you won't divulge the name of the chain considering they doing the right thing and owning the mistake and taking care of you? I'd rather do business somewhere that would own a mistake than one that will not.

It appears that this business is all square. If the repair goes as you expect it to you should continue doing business with them to show that you appreciate their good ethical behavior. You may want to share your good fortune with all of your friends if this turns out OK so that they can take their business to them as well.

Back
Top Bottom