• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What are some unpopular gun opinions you have?

Revolvers are still perfectly adequate for personal protection...

The only thing more STUPID than Open Carry is OC'ing "Mexican Carry"...

H&K's and SIG's are terribly over-priced for what you get...

The ONLY THING an out-of-the-box Glock NEEDS is a set of decent Sights, and MAYBE the 25-cent Trigger Job--Anything else is likely to devalue the Pistol and/or reduce it's reliability...

Shotguns have great utility for close-range personal protection, much more, in fact, than any MSR or PCC...

All the CRAP most people hang off of their AR's DECREASES the utility and functionality of said rifle, rather than helping it...

That's all for now...

- Most gun owners are extremely inadequate shooters, including CCW holders. They have the right to carry, but at least half of them are too stupid or too bad at shooting for it to be a particularly good idea.
- Your $1500+ Glock is stupid.
- The people who say that safeties on a pistol are the worst idea ever (for those who train exclusively with them) probably aren't very competent with an AR.
- People who buy Springfield XD's should seriously reevaluate their life choices.

Let's see how Colts are "Better" than Smiths...Colts are obsolete, can't get parts or find anybody to work on 'em--Check
Colts are more delicate than similarly-sized Smiths and will go out of time sooner--Check
Colts cost more up front--Check
Colt's Trigger "Stacks" in DA & they don't pre-time, plus they have a sluggish trigger return--Check

Well THAT was illuminating...NOT!
giphy.gif

I just remembered another unpopular opinion: I'm not real big on tritium night sights. I don't hate them, or think they or their owners are stupid or anything like that (as I do with, say, 90% of Glock mods), I just never personally found any significant benefit to them, especially for the extra $100 or so that they cost.
I usually found they were more of a distraction, particularly during the first few years while they're still insanely bright, and especially in the dark in the middle of the night, when my eyes [and presumably a bad guy's] are fully night-adjusted. Those dang things can be like waving a friggin' chem-light around ! :becky:

Let's see how Colts are "Better" than Smiths...Colts are obsolete, can't get parts or find anybody to work on 'em--Check
Colts are more delicate than similarly-sized Smiths and will go out of time sooner--Check
Colts cost more up front--Check
Colt's Trigger "Stacks" in DA & they don't pre-time, plus they have a sluggish trigger return--Check

Well THAT was illuminating...NOT!

How do you really feel about it?

Back
Top Bottom