• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What are you buying when you win the $700 MILLION Powerball?

A new neck for the wife and a new back for me. Whatever the wife & kids want and for me= A good example of each rifle/handgun ever used by the US Armed Forces. SWEET DREAMS tonight even though I've never played the lotto LOL

a lawyer and a trust.

Because other than my lawyer or my wife, nobody on this planet are going to know I won.

If you don't you'll give half to the government before you see a dime. Trusts get 100% of the money and only pay taxes when you withdraw money from the trust.

That'll be me on the beach someplace in the caribbean with a couple bucks and a prepaid credit card in my pocket. If I need more money, my lawyer is a phone call away.
I've never heard of anyone winning the Powerball and not paying taxes, even if someone collects anonymously the .gov takes their cut, and if you take the payout instead of the annuity you get more like 40%.
Having a trust or LLC may save you money each year, and help keep you anonymous, but I'm pretty sure the IRS isn't letting go of what they deem is theirs right off the top.

Back
Top Bottom