What are you missing?

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
If I didn't know better, I'd think deer was the only thing 90% of people hunt in Georgia. The other 10% hunt turkey.
So two questions:
How many different species of legal game have you taken in Georgia? and
What besides deer & turkey will you hunt this year?

For me, I've shot 10 (Deer, turkey, dove, squirrel, rabbit, crow, coyote, duck, goose and quail). I'd really like to add grouse (no dogs and no place to go) and wood cock (used to really enjoy that as a kid).
This year, besides deer, probably just coyotes unless I get a hot prospect somewhere. My son (who doesn't like hunting) has a friend (9 year old) I promised I'd take hunting so we may go try and find some squirrels.

Here's a list.

Deer
Bear
Hog
Turkey
Crow*
Dove
Quail
Fox*
Bobcat*
Grouse
Opposum*
Racoon*
Rabbit
Squirrel
Woodcock
Coyote*
Armadillo*
Alligator
Snipe
Duck (any species)
Goose (any species)

I always get a kick out of people that don't even realize there is such a thing as a snipe.
We used to 'try' and jump shoot them in ag fields. If you think you are a good shot, THAT will humble you.

[Broken External Image]:

looks like a woodcock

I always get a kick out of people that don't even realize there is such a thing as a snipe.
We used to 'try' and jump shoot them in ag fields. If you think you are a good shot, THAT will humble you.

[Broken External Image]:

lol yeah, I know that snipe are real lol. but the only way to catch them is with a stick and a burlap sack. then you have to have a few friends scare them out to you doing the Snipe call ;) gotta be quick though!! little suckers so fast you cant even see them!

lol, im sorry. ill get serious. the only thing ive ever hunted for is Deer and squirrel. I never really had access to areas that had anything else on it. ive popped a few armadillos though while deer hunting, only if the owners asked me to though.

lol, im sorry. ill get serious. the only thing ive ever hunted for is Deer and squirrel. I never really had access to areas that had anything else on it. ive popped a few armadillos though while deer hunting, only if the owners asked me to though.
Pop them even if they forget to ask! Those invasive nest raiders need to be shot on sight!
Access is certainly what has my list not longer and most of them I've shot less than a handful in Georgia. :mmph:

My list is the same as yours: Deer, turkey, dove, squirrel, rabbit, crow, coyote, duck, goose and quail. Plus a few hogs, rattlesnakes, copperheads, and a couple foxes. I've shot a couple wild dogs also. They are much more intimidating than a coyote. Black bear is on my bucket list. So is alligator.

Deer, turkey, ducks, geese,squirrel, quail, dove, snipe with my bird dog, woodcock, hopefully an alligator on September 23. Grouse if I can find them so few to hunt.

Back
Top Bottom