• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What are you missing?

There is a season on possums and it ain`t open.You can`t legally kill something damaging your property without a depredation permit from the Dept.of Ag.Just a heads-up for your own info.I know some folks who have paid some high fines for taking care of their own problem.As for me,we sometimes let the coons and possums eat right alongside our cats.Same as a bird feeder.
To clairfy permits are only required for big game (deer, turkey, bear and hogs) and actually squirrels (unless they are depredating or causing damage). All other animals (including grinners) are fair game in the protection of property. Also coons carry a TON of disease. No way I'd be letting them eat out of my domestics' bowls.

Here's what I have got
Deer
Hog
Turkey
Crow*
Dove
Quail
Fox*
Opposum*
Racoon*
Rabbit
Squirrel
Coyote*
Armadillo*
Duck (any species)

There is a season on possums and it ain`t open.You can`t legally kill something damaging your property without a depredation permit from the Dept.of Ag.Just a heads-up for your own info.I know some folks who have paid some high fines for taking care of their own problem.As for me,we sometimes let the coons and possums eat right alongside our cats.Same as a bird feeder.

This is America.......sometimes sh*t needs killin'.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom