What brand of boots do you prefer?

Beerman

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
For hunting I wear a pair of Irish Setters. I just bought a pair of Ariat Sierra H2O's. I have a pair of Justin's as well. My other Wolverines finally wore out after 6 years. As far as having the Ariats now, they are the most comfortable ones I have. What brand do you like?

Danner for hunting, Dan Post cowboy boots, River Road motorcycle boots.
My Danner Pronghorns are comfortable, waterproof & warm.

Beerman Beerman , I know you asked about hunting boots but I just gotta throw this in. My Dan Post cowboy boots didn't even need a break in period, they were perfect right outta the box, the fit was perfect too and I gots some wide azz feets! Lol. I have two pair, both were purchased 21 years ago and STILL look nearly new. My black cherry colored ones are my dress boots and don't get worn a lot but my black ones have been worn A LOT, I've had the black ones resoled once. Just polish em' occasionally with a quality boot cream and they'll last a lifetime plus they were made in El Paso Texas, USA. Nuff said.

I've had owned quite a few Ariat boots over the years. Cowboy, and Work boots mainly, and they've held up pretty well after a long break in period. Ten years ago with the sears near me went out of business I found a pair of wolverine pro boots that were too cheap to pass up. They didn't last but 2 years, but I got my moneys worth.

As for hiking, I've owned a couple pairs of Timberlands, the older ones lasted about 4 years, the newer didn't hold up on the trail. Now I have a pair of La Sportiva's that are amazing and have held up in everything from heat of Great Sand Dunes NP, the rain and snow in RMNP, and varying parts of the AT.

My fiance says I have a boot problem...

Back
Top Bottom