• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Did This?

I've seen bear slashes on a tree. They always reach up just as far as they can, so any other bear in the vicinity, if they can't reach above that mark knows to leave the area.

I'd never seen or heard of a bear stripping a tree like that. An OCD bear?
I'm guessing on the woodpecker too.

PS: Don't run into the OCD bear.....

This may sound funny but do you have any kids? Or any neighbors kids. I had something a little similar and thought I had a strange animal on the property. Found out my kids had found some tools and stuff left by the previous owner and had been hiding them from me and my wife so they could take them into the woods and play.

This may sound funny but do you have any kids? Or any neighbors kids. I had something a little similar and thought I had a strange animal on the property. Found out my kids had found some tools and stuff left by the previous owner and had been hiding them from me and my wife so they could take them into the woods and play.

Where these Children of the Corn by any chance?

My oldest is 5, so unless he's got some serious secrets, I don't think he did it. And I don't really have neighbors. The closest house to me is an elderly couple's place who have been friends of the family for years. No young grandkids, either. My property backs up to a ton of timber company land which stretches on into the most rural and undeveloped region of the county. So yeah, I'm not really ruling out any type of wildlife.

Where these Children of the Corn by any chance?

Lol... No. But it seems like it sometimes. My kids are generally good kids. My oldest is 14 (he wasn't the one involved though) and we are truly blessed to say the least. Pretty much everyone we know that has kids his age talk about the issues they are having and our biggest problem is trying to get him to go ahead and pick his schedule for next school year because he asked for 6 classes and only has room for 5 and he can't decide if he is going to put all of his free time into wrestling or football. My niece is his age and has already been in trouble multiple times due to drugs. And it's really the same with all 3 of mine it's just that having spent most of their lives bouncing from military base to military base they don't know what it means to live in the country and have a nice bit of acreage. So when they found the saw and hatchet they thought it meant that someone intended for them to cut down every tree on the property. Or at least it seemed that way.

Back
Top Bottom