What does "bump" mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar00

Default rank <1250 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
Hi! I wanted to ask a question about something I see quite a bit on the Forum threads. I sometimes see that people will post "bump" on their threads. What does this mean and what is the purpose of this? I'm just wondering. Sorry if this is a really obvious, stupid question! :embarassed:

Thanks for your time!

It means no one want's your stuff lol.

Really though if you use the "What's New" button putting a "bump" reply in your thread will cause it show up in the what's new page. Otherwise it will just stay where it is. It does not bump it up in the actually section it is in however, unless you change some settings the forum follows a chronological system.

Very interesting! I think that some of my stuff falls into the first sentence of the second reply! LOL! :)

This is good to know. I guess if I dropped the price on some of the things I have, I can always do a "repost" and it will go back to the top of the list in the section in which it was originally placed. I usually try to give my stuff a few weeks before I do this b/c I don't want to be viewed as "hogging" the section! :)

Thanks, everyone!

Very interesting! I think that some of my stuff falls into the first sentence of the second reply! LOL! :)

This is good to know. I guess if I dropped the price on some of the things I have, I can always do a "repost" and it will go back to the top of the list in the section in which it was originally placed. I usually try to give my stuff a few weeks before I do this b/c I don't want to be viewed as "hogging" the section! :)

Thanks, everyone!

yes, a relist will put it back up top, but you do not have to wait that long. The current rule is you have to wait at least three days before relisting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom