• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What gun does your wife or girl friend ACTUALLY carry or likes to shoot ?

I think the Sig 365 should be looked at as well. She should be able to handle the 9mm as this gun handles recoil quite well. But I think I saw that they are making a .380 now?

Full size m&p 2.0 9mm. She was carrying a Glock 42 but she limp wristed it a lot. She'd get mad when I'd shoot it and it would never jam. Then she shot my 2.0 and I never got it back.

My daughter carries a springfield xd45. Her first gun she bought for herself after getting her GWL. the convo went like this:

Daughter: I want the 45
Me: if you get the 9mm you can carry more rounds
Daughter: with the 45 I only need one.
me: you are now a Jedi master

Wife has a GWCL but I don't believe she has ever carried. I even bought her a carry purse to try and encourage it, but no luck yet. I believe its because she is currently a teacher and there is no good way to lock it up in her room. She only has 2 more weeks of that then she will be done. She has a G43 thats in her nightstand. She's a lefty so I switched the mag release and replaced it with a Hyve release, and a Hyve +2 extension both in light blue. I added some night sights to it as well for Christmas.

My sister decided she needs one and asked me to help her. Not looking for opinions, I have that fully covered. Thank you for any input.
My wife doesn't wish to carry at this point in time, but has been seriously contemplating it ever since our kids came.
When she shoots handguns, she loves her 38 spl snub. She doesn't do well with mags and slides, let alone clearing malfunctions at any kind of speed. She loves the point and click and reload of her revolver.

No 38 spl isn't as potent as other cartridges, especially out of a 2" barrel, but hell they're called Saturday night specials for a reason

Back
Top Bottom