• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What gun does your wife or girl friend ACTUALLY carry or likes to shoot ?

I've only known 2 women who actually carried a handgun with them, frequently (daily, or a few times per week). Both guns were selected for their small size and light weight, not their firepower or their ability to let the shooter hit the target with a few rapid fire shots are clustered into the chest area of a humanoid target.

The 2 women's carry guns were a Raven 25 caliber semi auto,
and a Colt Agent which is the alloy-framed version of the Detective Special, a 2 inch barrelled 38 snub revolver.
------------

Other women I know have bought guns or been given guns by their husbands or boyfriends, but who never actually carried them despite initially seeming to have an interest in that.

The lady who owned the Rossi .38 snubby never carried it.

The lady who owned the Charter Arms .38 snubby never carried it.

The lady that took my suggestion in trading one of her 3 large full sized defensive handguns for a smaller one that was easily carried while she walks her dogs ....has never actually carried that gun while walking the dogs (she does very well shooting the Glock 42 at the target range, but she just won't carry it.)

The lady who like shooting a Smith & Wesson bodyguard model 38 revolver who was gifted that gun by her boyfriend carried it a couple times, but didn't really like packing it because she didn't practice with it enough, and she didn't practice with it much because it had a lot of recoil and muzzle flip!
But her medium size 9 mm pistol --the one envisioned for a home defense or vehicle carry scenario-- was too large and heavy to take with her daily.

I've only known 2 women who actually carried a handgun with them, frequently (daily, or a few times per week). Both guns were selected for their small size and light weight, not their firepower or their ability to let the shooter hit the target with a few rapid fire shots are clustered into the chest area of a humanoid target.

The 2 women's carry guns were a Raven 25 caliber semi auto,
and a Colt Agent which is the alloy-framed version of the Detective Special, a 2 inch barrelled 38 snub revolver.
------------

Other women I know have bought guns or been given guns by their husbands or boyfriends, but who never actually carried them despite initially seeming to have an interest in that.

The lady who owned the Rossi .38 snubby never carried it.

The lady who owned the Charter Arms .38 snubby never carried it.

The lady that took my suggestion in trading one of her 3 large full sized defensive handguns for a smaller one that was easily carried while she walks her dogs ....has never actually carried that gun while walking the dogs (she does very well shooting the Glock 42 at the target range, but she just won't carry it.)

The lady who like shooting a Smith & Wesson bodyguard model 38 revolver who was gifted that gun by her boyfriend carried it a couple times, but didn't really like packing it because she didn't practice with it enough, and she didn't practice with it much because it had a lot of recoil and muzzle flip!
But her medium size 9 mm pistol --the one envisioned for a home defense or vehicle carry scenario-- was too large and heavy to take with her daily.

My mother has carried a gun for as long as I can remember.

• When I was real little she carried a Smith Model 34 snub ( I still own this gun, it was the first real gun I ever shot)
  • Then she switched to a Nickel Raven .25 ACP that she carried for 20 years after she got tired of the Smith breaking purse straps.
  • Then when I got old enough to realize what a POS she was carrying, I gave her a Smith Model 317 snubby that she carried for a bunch of years until I sent it back to Smith for some work, and the destroyed it claiming it had a metallurgy defect.
  • I then bought her a Ruger LCP which she carried for a couple of years until her hands got too weak to manipulate the slide.
  • For the last few years she carries a Taurus Curve that I bought for her that is much easier for her to manipulate.

She also keeps an old Nickel Colt Diamondback 38 snub by her bed.

My wife has something I bought her at some point stored somewhere. I don't even remember what it is now.

Back
Top Bottom