• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What happens when you grab a hot SDN6? Pic

Nonliberal

Eagle Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Formerly known as Bypass
355   0
Reaction score
My buddy Jason shot my full auto AR a couple weeks ago, with a SDN6 on it. After about 100 rounds had been through it he grabbed it by the can to set it in the truck. He didn't even get it picked up before it raised blisters all over his palm. Just a little PSA to let you know, when you get done shooting full auto through your silencers, they get hot.
Jason hand.jpg

Heck, a 30 round mag shot at way less than full auto pace nearly got me. It took that SPECWAR a solid half hour to cool down enough to touch.

Sorry to see your friend's hand.

****...I've never even shot a suppressor, but I know that firearms get hot after rapid strings of fire. Hell, when I was re-renacting, even sustained firing on the battle line would cause rifles that were hot enough to cook off the next powder charge (scary...to say the least), sometimes you just had to take a break or get killed if that was the case

In Nam if I got grounded at a hot LZ over night, the 50's would get so hot they would glow and you could see the hot rounds as they left the barrel...Also saw when they would do a quick change with the monster gloves..Barrels would warp getting so hot..

Back
Top Bottom