• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What is a case of Chinese surplus 7.62x39 ammo worth?

Steel core ammo sells for more than standard ammo. I went over on another board and found the last two documented sales within the last several months:
"400 rounds of Green Box, steel core, non-corrosive, copper washed chinese FMJ's. 93 manufacture. $175 shipped or trade of same value"

"Tin of 7.62x39, 550rds on strippers Chinese steel core ammo. $200 FTF"

Both listings sold at the asking prices.

By the way, on gunbroker, there's a 550 rd tin listed for $565; there's some loose odd ones over there for .83 per round.
Believe it or don't this chinese steel core is sought after ammo. It PENETRATES. It will sell for what ever someone is willing to pay. There is no "new" stock that's coming in. This stuff has been banned from importation from China for years. Each time somebody shoots up a tin of it, the value of the rest goes up a notch.

Pure insanity. As for "what planet I'm from" You couldn't pay me to shoot that steel case wolfish ammo from my guns let alone getting me to pay for it unless there really were a zombie invasion and I had absolutely no other choice.

Last edited:
Steel core ammo sells for more than standard ammo. I went over on another board and found the last two documented sales within the last several months:
"400 rounds of Green Box, steel core, non-corrosive, copper washed chinese FMJ's. 93 manufacture. $175 shipped or trade of same value"

By the way, on gunbroker, there's a 550 rd tin listed for $565; there's some loose odd ones over there for .83 per round.
Believe it or don't this chinese steel core is sought after ammo. It PENETRATES. It will sell for what ever someone is willing to pay. There is no "new" stock that's coming in. This stuff has been banned from importation from China for years. Each time somebody shoots up a tin of it, the value of the rest goes up a notch.

this....

It is worth what someone will pay. I've seen real steel core chinese listed for .50 or .60 per round. I don't know if it sells for that, there are people who will pay a premium for steel core.

$100 won't even buy 500rds of russian lead core these days.

ya, a hundred bucks will put ya pretty close to it, maybe 110 or 120 after shipping

WOw $200 a tin. I guess I sold it too cheap at $140. LOL I'm glad someone on the buy swap forum is getting a descent deal. I haven't seen a descent deal on there in awhile.

you assume gunbroker.com has great deals all the time

just because something sold at that price doesnt make it worth it, just means someone out there is a sucker and someone else is making a bunch of money

WOw $200 a tin. I guess I sold it too cheap at $140. LOL I'm glad someone on the buy swap forum is getting a descent deal. I haven't seen a descent deal on there in awhile.

meh, i think 140 was a fair price, i would even say 150 would be a fair price, but thats my opinion

you assume gunbroker.com has great deals all the time

just because something sold at that price doesnt make it worth it, just means someone out there is a sucker and someone else is making a bunch of money

I'm not assuming anything. It is what it is. I never said it was a deal in any context, just pointing to a reference of asking price.

Somebody got a great deal. They got arguably the best quality AK ammo ever made at a 'wolf' delivered price. If you and the buyer are happy then you sold it at a good price--and that's all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom