• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What is going on?

And a lot of them, aren't selling that old Glock in the back of the safe. They are going out to the local dealers and scooping up normal priced guns, and coming home and listing them here for a $200 markup, which is borderline illegal... operating as an unlicensed dealer... They are filling out 4473 forms with the express intent of flipping the guns for profit, which is getting dangerously close to a straw purchase...

You can tell who those folks are, by who rushes in to defend such things when someone like you or I post about it...

Their defense will be, "Well, how do you KNOW that's what I intended? Maybe each week I go and buy 2 or 3 handguns, and by the time I get home I decide that I don't like them any more so I decide to recoup my losses and charge an extra $200 per gun to cover my gas and time?"

They are douchebag neckbeards and will smile to your face while knowingly ripping you off, and they fool themselves into believing that they are somehow doing you a favor...

Out of all the replies since my last post, I chose yours to quote, because, yes, that is exactly right. I bet most people saying the same comments and subtle insults are the guilty ones taking advantage of others/new gun owners, flipping, ie: buying at normal retail prices and selling them for profit, which I don't believe is borderline illegal, it is illegal. I personally believe unless they are adding ammo or optics to increase the value their ads should be flagged. Also I have not seen this to the same extent on armslist and other sites like I have here, which is sad because I left those sites to come here. Having said that, show your feminine emotions by attacking me on the internet lol.
giphy (6).gif

Out of all the replies since my last post, I chose yours to quote, because, yes, that is exactly right. I bet most people saying the same comments and subtle insults are the guilty ones taking advantage of others/new gun owners, flipping, ie: buying at normal retail prices and selling them for profit, which I don't believe is borderline illegal, it is illegal. I personally believe unless they are adding ammo or optics to increase the value their ads should be flagged. Also I have not seen this to the same extent on armslist and other sites like I have here, which is sad because I left those sites to come here. Having said that, show your feminine emotions by attacking me on the internet lol.

Look at it this way... Pretend this was politics, and the argument is voter fraud.

The side that feels that fraud hurts them, will want to put an end to it. The side that feels that they benefit from voter fraud, will seek to keep that fraud in place. They will downplay how often it happens, make half-baked excuses as to why it's "not that bad", and they will at some point just attack YOU for wanting voter fraud to stop, usually by accusing you of being racist...

That's not different than what goes on here. The flippers, unlicensed dealers and gougers are making money hand over fist... They don't want that gravy train to end, so they will do exactly what the Democrats do with voter fraud... Play it down, claim it doesn't really happen, and at some point call you a Commie for not liking what they are doing and try to make it out that you are the problem... not them...

And a lot of them, aren't selling that old Glock in the back of the safe. They are going out to the local dealers and scooping up normal priced guns, and coming home and listing them here for a $200 markup, which is borderline illegal... operating as an unlicensed dealer... They are filling out 4473 forms with the express intent of flipping the guns for profit, which is getting dangerously close to a straw purchase...

You can tell who those folks are, by who rushes in to defend such things when someone like you or I post about it...

Their defense will be, "Well, how do you KNOW that's what I intended? Maybe each week I go and buy 2 or 3 handguns, and by the time I get home I decide that I don't like them any more so I decide to recoup my losses and charge an extra $200 per gun to cover my gas and time?"

They are douchebag neckbeards and will smile to your face while knowingly ripping you off, and they fool themselves into believing that they are somehow doing you a favor...
im sorry, but how is someone ripping you off as you hand them your money? Do you have any idea what you are saying? If you don't like a price, then DON'T buy it. No one is making you get ripped off, you are ripping off yourself.

im sorry, but how is someone ripping you off as you hand them your money? Do you have any idea what you are saying? If you don't like a price, then DON'T buy it. No one is making you get ripped off, you are ripping off yourself.

They sure are trying to. Stop trying to play the semantics game. You aren't that good at it.

When do you see ammo prices levelling off? By summer maybe?

No - as it could be banned by then.

I see prices staying high (even slowly going higher), until people aren't so dang worried and buying everything in sight regardless of price. If that means until 2022 or 2024 with new people in DC, then that's when things will calm down and settle out to the new normal.
iu

Back
Top Bottom