• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is pain?

Txcruiser

Default rank <500 posts Supporter
Survivalist
50   0
Reaction score
Pain is losing a ZT 0566 black wash. I carried that knife every day for almost a year and it disappeared last week. I remember I was cutting some chord at church when putting away some Christmas decorations. It went back into my pocket after each cut. Later in the day I went to Redbox, noticed it wasn't clipped to my pocket when I got home from there. Searched high and low everywhere, no luck in finding my friend. I think I may have accidentally pulled it out of my pocket when getting my wallet out at redbox. I was wearing thick gloves, but I'm sure I would have noticed it hitting the ground.

Makes me mad, I don't lose knives often. I think this may be #3 or 4 in 20 years. Blade show can't come fast enough. May have to go see the guys at Going Gear before that.

I lost my MOD folder years ago on a dive call-out. It was my EDC on and off duty. My dept wouldn't reimburse me for it either. Best folder I've ever owned. Wife bought me a Benchnade Griptalian for Christmas later that year. It's filled the slot nicely, but just isn't the same.

I hear ya'. I've started to carry my Griptilian again and it doesn't feel right. The ZT was a heavy chunk of metal, but it disappeared in my pocket. The thinness and deep pocket clip made up for the weight.

My EDC is an Esee Izula. I dropped it while cutting firewood this past summer. I felt naked without it for the couple days it took me to go back and find it in the wood pile.

You really don't realize how often you use your knife until you lose it.

I use to carry a griptilian for years. I lost it one night of drinking. I tried to replace it with a zt, kershaw, boker, microtech, then customs. I finally broke down a bought another griptilian. I had to got through roughly $4000 over four years to get a $80 blade.

Losing the main knife was like having a missing thumb. You can still function but everything is very off.

Back
Top Bottom