• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the simpler mechanism, striker fire or hammer?

Exposed hammer or double action hammer firearms give u the option of re-striking the primer in case of a failure to ignite the primer. Few striker fired firearms have this ability, u would need to rack the slide.

Exposed hammer or double action hammer firearms give u the option of re-striking the primer in case of a failure to ignite the primer. Few striker fired firearms have this ability, u would need to rack the slide.
That's not really a function of reliability nor is it all that much faster to get the gun back into play. In my experience the second strike didn't fire the round and I still had to perform a malfunction clearance to get the gun running again.

I like double/single action hammer fired guns better. I also like metal frames better than plastic. They both feel more robust to me. That's mostly just a feeling because there are plenty of striker fired polymers that are just as reliable. In the end if you mean simple. I have to admit that most striker fired guns are almost as simple as a T120 staple gun. Reliability seems to have more to do with feed angle, extraction, and ejection consistentcy.

Back
Top Bottom