What is with the new Express Lanes on I-75?

linebacker

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
144   0
Reaction score
For the life of me, I can NOT figure out why they have built new Express Lanes on I-75. I understand that the Atlanta area traffic really sucks and needs all the help that it can get, but why spend all those millions on Express Lanes? Why not just build more damn lanes on the interstate instead? I understand the revenue factor but, I just don't get it. :noidea:
I travel all over the country and see these popping up everywhere. In one state that I can remember seeing them in, the speed limit was 65 mph on the interstate, but in the Express Lane it was 70 mph. But, you have to pay to be in the Express Lane. I laughed my ass off when I saw it.

To provide a way to have a reliably timed commute.
Hence the floating price.

If it were just another lane, of course, it would be clogged too.

Sometimes people have a need to be able to "bypass" traffic. On those occasions, you can, but at a price.

They ( whoever they are ) just finished building a toll road through Henry county. If they were serious about relieving traffic they would have added an HOV lane or perhaps a truck lane but instead opted for a limited use Peach Pass lane. Obviously they are more interested in raising revenue than addressing the very real problem of traffic congestion.

If they wanted to fix the problem for Atlanta commuters, they would have used the same money to extend MARTA rail lines and taken the traffic off the road completely. Then they could get the $2.50 from a lot of commuters every day of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I commuted I 85 north when they stole the lanes the public had already paid for and put their self serving little scheme into effect.

It fouled up life for everyone who didn't want, or wasn't able, to submit to their extortion.

Anyone who can explain to me how removing a lane from general use 'eases congestion' get a free something.

I hate this scheme, and the people behind it, with a passion. It's the worst example of discrimination in favor of the rich.

The new express lanes on 75 and 575 appear to be limited access express lanes, designed for commuters who drive longer distances. You can only get on the and off the express lanes at fewer spots along the way. This will limit these lanes to drivers who have to drive longer distances and protect these lanes from all the cars entering and exiting the interstate at every exit. These lanes theoretically should ease traffic for both the express lane users and the non express lane users.

Now if you really want to help rush hour traffic, make all of the interstates limited access from 4-6 pm.

They ( whoever they are ) just finished building a toll road through Henry county. If they were serious about relieving traffic they would have added an HOV lane or perhaps a truck lane but instead opted for a limited use Peach Pass lane. Obviously they are more interested in raising revenue than addressing the very real problem of traffic congestion.

You really have to think that whoever designed this failure are sitting back thinking, man we screwed up. Screwed up bad.

Back
Top Bottom