• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What is your next gun purchase

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I went to my little gun shop that's off the beaten trail to get some powder to the other day and I picked up a couple of pounds of. While I was there I thought I'd take a peek in the glass case at some of the handguns of the 1911 persuasion. I looked at a few I looked at one of the new Tisas jobs because I hadn't put hands on one and then I had the pleasure to pick up my next handgun which is going to be a Bull Armory. Man what a 1911! I've already made up my mind that's my next acquisition. They have a super slick action and the frame to slide fit is as tight as you can go without melting them together. It's an outstanding handgun for sure. I would venture to say that it's as close to a Dan Wesson as you can get without buying a Dan Wesson. They are that nice. For 900 and some odd dollars it's a steal for a 1911 of that quality. When I first saw them I thought with no bushing all the wear is up against the frame or slide rather but with the tapered Barrel that shouldn't be a problem. So I've made up my mind my next purchase is going to be a Bull Armory 1911. Unless I run into something that I just have to have and is a stupid price on every dime from here on out I'm going to put against a Bull Armory 1911.

I've been thinking really hard about getting a 460 S&W but I just don't want to get into another caliber. Actually two calibers.

I've been thinking really hard about getting a 460 S&W but I just don't want to get into another caliber. Actually two calibers.
Had a 4" PC version and sold it along with 180 rds of ammo. Just more than I needed as I'm not in bear country. BTW, they shoot 3 calibers, 460SW, 454 Casull, and 45LC. 45LC is like shooting soft 38 special. 460SW is a major handful of boom and OMG LOUD.

Had a 4" PC version and sold it along with 180 rds of ammo. Just more than I needed as I'm not in bear country. BTW, they shoot 3 calibers, 460SW, 454 Casull, and 45LC. 45LC is like shooting soft 38 special. 460SW is a major handful of boom and OMG LOUD.
I know, I just mentioned two because I already have a revolver in 45 LC. I use to have a Ruger in 454 but sold it because I had more interest in my 500.

A 12-pounder mountain howitzer.

I can dream......

images

I made my purchase last night. I picked one up in a store and had to have one!!! After purchase price, taxes, shipping + insurance, and FFL transfer fee I'll still be over $200 under what they're selling for locally.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230906_210543_Outlook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230906_210543_Outlook.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 37
Back
Top Bottom