• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What kind of C&R guy are you?

1) yes, changes over time

2) No, I'll take them if I find them, but don't go looking

3) any bargain, so not much activity on that front nowadays !

Reactions: MRH
I'm at a point where I only want the ones that I can afford comfortably and can shoot often. So my tastes are for the ones where ammo is pretty abundant and fairly priced.

Really there is 3 separate questions here.

Do you focus on one country/continent/war, or one specific type of pisto/rifle? 1 - Not really into German, Italian or Japanese. But I do have something for the Swiss rifles.

When you get a new milsurp rifle or pistol do you just want to complete it with the proper bayonet or holster? Or do you go out and find every single accoutrement the a soldier would have carried to help support that rifle (sling ammo pouch muzzle covers stripper clips cleaning kits yada yada yada) 2- I'll go as far as trying to get a bayonet but not paying the outrageous fees for an SVT bayonet...nope, not gonna do it.

And last. What is the one type of rifle or pistol that you just can't pass up? You may already own 20 of them but for some reason you just are drawn to it. What is it and why?

1 - Not really into British, German, Italian or Japanese. But I do have something for the Swiss rifles. Basically if it requires a new caliber it would have to almost be given to me.

2- I'll go as far as trying to get a bayonet but not paying the outrageous fees for an SVT bayonet...nope, not gonna do it.

3- Swiss rifles for some reason. Although now they are priced outside my range. Doing the happy dance that the ammo came back!

I guess I could go for a 1903 Springfield to go with my mod 1917 but I'm pretty much out of gun money right now. Plus, like the Swiss rifles, they keep going up in price.

They sure are fun to shoot! My mod 1917 will be 100 years old next year.

My Luger turns 104 this year! Shoots like brand new, too!

1. US, Some Israeli and Russian.....a few select bolt actions from others if they're really cool
2. Gotta have bayonets and cartridge cases/stripper clips. Trench periscopes and trench knives sometimes. Russian papers & medals are cool
3. '54r.....of course

1. So I have gone to the other side and collect US service rifles. When I first started it was Russian milsurp only.

2. I do like nice purposeful slings and some accessories.

3. Garands just do it for me. I enjoy building them as much as competing with them.

my only C&R is a Garand. I stumbled into it at a swap meet. Its a 7m serial number, so its never seen any action, buts its basically brand new.

I just joined CMP, and always on the lookout for more Greek HXP.

I do enjoy hanging wth Hayata at the range and his old man collection.

Back
Top Bottom