• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What kind of cigar do you enjoy??

In Cuba duing the "crisis", some of the refugeees could leave the base to visit family. One of the women in the "gee dunk" (only a sailor knows what that is) would bring me a couple of cigars back. Don't know what brand, just smooth and light. Don't smoke any more, dont miss them either, just memories of better days.

From the JR collection, Maria Mancini DeGaulle and Magic Mountain. Either goes well with a good single malt, neat pour.

First thing you have to figure out is whether you like a mild/medium/full bodied cigar. Macanudo is a mild cigar. The opposite end of the spectrum would be an Oliva "V".

Ask the guy at your cigar shop for his recommendation for one of each. Start with the mild cigar. Try the medium the next day. Finish off with the full-bodied cigar. Make up your mind and go from there. I like each depending on the situation.

I usually order cigars from Cigars International. They have a great line of "knock-offs" that won't break the bank but are good daily smokers.

Good luck!

This. Good advice. I just ordered a box of Oliva V's and they are great....on my 4th box but definately a full bodied smoke with great taste. Smoke it after a meal. You can smoke it almost to the nub too. Many cigars are good to the half way mark so basically wasting money. Not this cigar or Opus X either. Good to the last 3/4 inch.

If you are into just a daily smoke that won't kill your pocketbook... there are a million out there that are really good from the $2-4 price point per stick. You go a retail shop and ask them for a few to try and then narrow down. There are also bundles of seconds you can buy form MIke's cigar or many other wholesalse sites. Good luck!

Oliva used to make the Oasis Maduro. It came with a blue, cloth band. That is one of my favorite cigars of all time. I still smoke the "O" and "V" series occasionally. If you are into mild/med smokes, check the Perdomo 10th Anniverary Champagne. Lots of thick smoke and a wonderful flavor.

Oliva used to make the Oasis Maduro. It came with a blue, cloth band. That is one of my favorite cigars of all time. I still smoke the "O" and "V" series occasionally. If you are into mild/med smokes, check the Perdomo 10th Anniverary Champagne. Lots of thick smoke and a wonderful flavor.
-+The Oliva Serie V Maduro Especials 2012 are out right now they only made 50,000. I bought a box and immediately came down with the flu. I hope by Tuesday maybe to be breathing well enough to enjoy one.

Back
Top Bottom