• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What kind of trust for Class III weapons?

Infi-del

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
120   0
Reaction score
Looking for some info. One of my tax clients is an attorney and she can help me set up a trust to register my future class III weapons within. However She's not a gun person and doesn't really know about trusts for guns. What kind of trust does one establish for registering guns with the ATF?

Revocable inter vivos. As an attorney whose practice largely comprises of NFA Trusts, I would advise you and your attorney friend against him or her drafting a trust for you. They will not know the nuisances of NFA items necessary to provide you with adequate legal representation. Your attorney friend not knowing what type of trust to draft is enough said right there.

There are many attorneys in Georgia, including myself, who do this for a living and charge very reasonable prices. It is not worth the risk of felony charges or your trust not passing inspection with the ATF over such little money. For example, my firm only charges $150 and you are able to contact me directly with any questions. Just food for thought from someone who does it for a living.

If you have any questions feel free to give me a call. deanphillipslaw.com. My direct number is listed on the top of the page.

Best,
Dean

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom