• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What long guns are so iconic that everyone should own one?

You covered a lot right here, but are we talking specific makes and models, or any 12ga or .22lr? The calibers are certainly iconic.

Winchester 1897
Remington 870
Ruger 10/22
Remington nylon
Marlin 60
Winchester model 70
Rem 700
BAR
A5

Just to name a few.
On the 22lr and 12ga. there are so many variations it's the cartridge that's iconic.

Iconic?

Meaning, wildly popular during our lifetimes, even back when we were kids?

Iconic, meaning even people unfamiliar with guns recognize them snd know badically how they work?

1- AR rifle, 20" bbl. (16" carbines are too new; they weren't popular that long ago).

2-- AK rifle, fixed wood stock, w/30 round mag.

3-- M1 carbine, cal .30. USGI spec or close copy.

4-- Marlin lever action rifle.

5-- Remington 700
(But can this be an "icon" if it looks indistinguishable from a dozen other makes and models of bolt action hunting rifle, at leastvat first glance?)

6-- Browning A5 "humpback" sporting shotgun.

On the 22lr and 12ga. there are so many variations it's the cartridge that's iconic.

The calibers, certainly. I would not consider a Mossberg Shockwave to be a icon. I would consider a Winchester 1897 to be very iconic. Just an example.

The calibers, certainly. I would not consider a Mossberg Shockwave to be a icon. I would consider a Winchester 1897 to be very iconic. Just an example.
True, but I would think more along the lines of modern weapons like the 500 and 870.

If every American gun owner had these no enemy or government (including our own) would ever be able to defeat the American people.
a-browning-m2-50-caliber-heavy-machine-andrew-chittock.jpg

Back
Top Bottom