What movement patterns are you seeing out there

Just Had 6 out in front of me. One looked to be a button and one still had a few spots on its flanks. The rest were doe. I am figuring i would sit until around lunch. Good luck also

I still havent figured it out this year. Didnt see any in the stand yesterday but saw 5 fresh sets of tracks on the way out that werent there on the way in. One was 40 yards from my truck. Nothing so far this morning. If i were a bird watcher, id be doing fabulous.

journalthis.danoah.com_wp_content_uploads_squiggly_line_original.jpg

Just had about 15 people look at me like I'm crazy when I busted out into a full on laughing fit sitting in the restaurant. LOL! Priceless.
That's some good stuff right there.

It's been a month since any were on my trail cams. My stand is in a hardwood bottom among a grove of oaks. The ground is literally covered with acorns and there is no sign of deer. I'm out of ideas, maybe they just aren't that hungry right now?

It's been a month since any were on my trail cams. My stand is in a hardwood bottom among a grove of oaks. The ground is literally covered with acorns and there is no sign of deer. I'm out of ideas, maybe they just aren't that hungry right now?

There are so many acorns, they don't have to go far to eat. Focus on water and cover. This is where you will find the deer

The prep for hurricane Matthew and all the cleanup efforts that have followed have kept me out of the woods for over a week now. I'm jonesing real bad to get back out there. Some nice quiet time in a stand would be welcomed therapy right about now. Unfortunately, my best stands are in the river swamp and with 6+" of rain from the storm I haven't been able to get there from here to survey the damage. Judging my the downed trees around my house, I'm sure there will be quite a few trees to cut just to get to my stands. Really hoping they weren't damaged in the storm, but for those of you who know me...my luck usually doesn't pan out too well. For example, the storm picked up a big steel framed ground blind I have, guessing it weighs in around 400 lbs, moved it about 4 foot and flipped it face down in the dirt, so there is no telling what I will find when I get back there in the swamp. I may postpone cleaning efforts in the morning for a few hrs to hunt one other stand just to see if I have any luck, then back to running the chainsaw....again. One thing for sure...after this, I shouldn't need to cut firewood for a few years!

Been hitting it hard past 5 days. Seen plenty of deer. Sunday me and a buddy both took a buck. Both had there noses down moving in and out. I want to avoid the word chasing right now. But the buck I took was moving through it took me three times of trying to get him to stop. The third time was out of frustration cause I was about to lose my window, I just yelled "HEY" just about as loud as I could. I figured either he's going to stop and look or he's going to blow out of here like his rear is on fire, but right now I could care less. That was at 11:30 am. Sit in the stand last night, before anyone loses their mind, didn't carry a bow or gun or anything not even a flash light, just sit to watch with the full moon up. And all night, at least the 2 hrs I sat. watched buck after buck move through with their nose down. Also been seeing several freshly worked scrapes. Was fishing on the creek yesterday and ran accross a scrape line had scrape after scrape some not even 3-5 feet apart. Not saying the rut is here but feels like it's at least ramping up to be a better rut then last year.

Back
Top Bottom