• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What shotgun for Dove?

If you can center the pattern on a dove's head, then it doesn't matter what gauge nor choke. Bigger gauges and more open chokes help when you don't center the pattern.

Most of us need a shotgun that fits and time shooting to get our eye in. A fit check and skeet lesson helps a ton.

There is trade off from one choke to another. Full chokes give you a tighter pattern over a longer distance. Improved and Modified chokes give you a bigger pattern but at a reduced effective distance. It also depends on what you are use to. I always did all my bird hunting with a 12 gauge full choke. It's what I had and I adapted to it. You don't need to buy another shotgun unless you just have to have another. Take what you have and practice with it. The price of another good gun will buy plenty of practice rounds to get you in tune.

" Deep Thoughts " by
Jack Handy

There is trade off from one choke to another. Full chokes give you a tighter pattern over a longer distance. Improved and Modified chokes give you a bigger pattern but at a reduced effective distance. It also depends on what you are use to. I always did all my bird hunting with a 12 gauge full choke. It's what I had and I adapted to it. You don't need to buy another shotgun unless you just have to have another. Take what you have and practice with it. The price of another good gun will buy plenty of practice rounds to get you in tune.

" Deep Thoughts " by
Jack Handy
:lalala:

Back
Top Bottom