• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What the heck man?!

I went to friends house last week and he had smoked some eggs in his pellet grill,they were some kinda good basically a smoked boil egg.
My son did that, turned out pretty good. His smoked mac & cheese is awesome, hell everything he cooks is great. lol!

--boilNope, ain’t gonna eat these. I don’t want the stomach pain that’ll come before the the farts, and the stench that comes WITH the farts. lol!
Eat them, you'll be fine. Unless they have a bad odor. The water test to check egg freshness is older than you are :boink: Rule is: if it floats--toss it; if it lays on its side--boil and eat immediately. I've done this 100s of times and never gotten sick.

Eat them, you'll be fine. Unless they have a bad odor. The water test to check egg freshness is older than you are :boink: Rule is: if it floats--toss it; if it lays on its side--boil and eat immediately. I've done this 100s of times and never gotten sick.
I was pretty sure I had heard my Grandmother say the egg thing when I was younger, sometimes my stomach is pretty picky about what I put in it so I just don’t think I’ll take the chance. My stomach kept me in and outta the hospital the first 25 years I was married, don’t EVER wanna have to go back. I don’t even wanna visit someone in the hospital. lol!

If your eggs come from a non commercial producer (your own chickens or a neighbor, local farmers market, etc.) and they aren't washed and processed, you can store them on the counter for weeks and they'll be fine.
A floater isn't necessarily a "bad egg" but if it smells bad, it's bad and likely had bacterial growth inside.

If your eggs come from a non commercial producer (your own chickens or a neighbor, local farmers market, etc.) and they aren't washed and processed, you can store them on the counter for weeks and they'll be fine.
A floater isn't necessarily a "bad egg" but if it smells bad, it's bad and likely had bacterial growth inside.
Been a long time since I got homegrown eggs......I think though if I had several eggs boiling and one was a floater, I'd toss it. Here's a fun fact. How can you tell a boiled egg from an unboiled egg?

If you put them on the counter and try to spin them, the hard boiled egg will spin very well on its side. An unboiled egg won't .... try it....

Back
Top Bottom