What to do with Old Gas

2 years is not too long if it is alcohol free.

Use it in lawn mower or filter well and use in a vehicle.

I was burning gas that was in a car for over 3 1/2 years. I was jumpy about it, but it ran fine.

I have been pleasantly surprised with the fuel I keep for the Genny..I have 45 gallons of Ethanol free Regular that I treated with Stay-Bil. I used up the last of it, in the last loss of power a couple of weeks ago..It ran the genny like a champ..I was skeptical that I may have made a mistake doing it.. But it worked great and all the 5 gallon cans have been refilled and treated..Blows my mined at all the panic with those, that don't prepare ahead of time..I heard the lines were long during the power outage to get some. I want to go to whole house switch over duel fuel genny, but just can't spend that kind of mula now

No. Please continue. We'd like to learn more.
giphy.gif

Pictures of the boat?

I was offered a Renken 27 for basically free, but it had 50 gallons of 3 year old gas in the tank. A toxic waste dump level of old gas. I ended up selling it because of the old fuel on board.

6550195_0_031220171658_0.jpg

It won’t be highly combustible, but will still be flammable.

You can mix it with fresh gas and try in the mower. If the engine knocks you’ll have to add more fresh gas.

I’d use it to start my leaf pile fire.

But I’m in the deep rural conservative part of this great state.

Back
Top Bottom