• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What to do with Old Gas

4ssss

Army Icon Supporter
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
As the title says, I have to pump out about 15 gallons of old gas from my inboard boats fuel tank that had been sitting in storage in NY for the last 2 years. I finally got it down here, and am dreading the job, as I've been looking at the boat for the last 3 months out in my driveway. I know it's got plenty of water in it too, because just trying to pump it out I got a good gallon of water out of it running it through a water separator. So, where do I get rid of this stuff?

I called local County Environ folks, no help, Federal EPA in Hotlata, no help, local auto zone takes oil but not gasoline. Finally, been pouring a gallon or so at a time in an open container and letting it evaporate.

I called local County Environ folks, no help, Federal EPA in Hotlata, no help, local auto zone takes oil but not gasoline. Finally, been pouring a gallon or so at a time in an open container and letting it evaporate.
That's the same thing that I've been getting. I used to just pump it into my truck at the end of the season, but this stuff has been in for too long. I think I will try your suggestion, I'm not even sure if they have a Haz-mat day in the spring they'll take it.

Back
Top Bottom