• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What will be your next AR? Factory or build

Build or buy?

• Factory AR

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Build

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • Something used from ODT

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I hoarded before the election so I'm screwed

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • I'll have pie

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My next AR would have been a 7.5" 300 BLK, but I just traded for a Ruger AR 556 so the factory ar came before the home build. But this week when my barrel comes in, the pistol will come in a close second and will probably see a lot more use as well. I am building the 300 BLK to be my truck gun.

As far as AR's becoming a fad, I don't have my AR's to be fashionable.

View attachment 1037132

You should make the 300 black out the house gun and put a suppressor on it. I know if your shooting intruders in the house, ear pro is not high on the list, but would help with keeping ears in tact. (All coming from me, who uses an unsuppressed 556 for the house). Just a thought.

You should make the 300 black out the house gun and put a suppressor on it. I know if your shooting intruders in the house, ear pro is not high on the list, but would help with keeping ears in tact. (All coming from me, who uses an unsuppressed 556 for the house). Just a thought.

Point taken, but I already have that one built. On the top (house gun) is my 10.5" 300 BLK. On the bottom was the beginning of my 7.5" 5.56, which has since been re-purposed to become a 300 BLK.

WP_20170116_05_15_23_Pro[1].jpg

Got my 7.5" 300 BLK barrel installed, a suppressor would be a nice touch but I'll make do with a thread protector for now.

By the by, I was a field artillery mechanic so my hearing probably aint so good anyway.

WP_20170125_17_45_44_Pro.jpg

Thinking I would like to build an 8" bbl AR pistol in 300 Blackout, soon as I can find another affordable Spike's Honey Badger lower. Meanwhile, I'll start accumulating parts as I find them on sale.
Update.. Think I will add a Law Tactical folding stock adapter as they seem to be getting a little cheaper. Make for a package that should fit easily in a backpack or maybe one of those larger laptop shoulder bags.
Brownell's had the Law unit on sale this morning for $200, when I went to order this afternoon, was up to $215. Decided to wait, PSA has 8.5" keymod upper on sale for $230 + tax w/free shipping, gonna start there.

Got my 7.5" 300 BLK barrel installed, a suppressor would be a nice touch but I'll make do with a thread protector for now.

By the by, I was a field artillery mechanic so my hearing probably aint so good anyway.

View attachment 1040688

So what you meant to say was...

Say what about a 300 black out? Haha

Thanks for your service!

Update.. Think I will add a Law Tactical folding stock adapter as they seem to be getting a little cheaper. Make for a package that should fit easily in a backpack or maybe one of those larger laptop shoulder bags.
Brownell's had the Law unit on sale this morning for $200, when I went to order this afternoon, was up to $215. Decided to wait, PSA has 8.5" keymod upper on sale for $230 + tax w/free shipping, gonna start there.

Law tactical is a must have. This guy fits in my north face back pack
626a9eeda5a2f2aeba59469c54d95c42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom