Status
Not open for further replies.

jmblack

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
Banned Permanently
52   0
Reaction score
welp I sold another gun today.....lets just say handgun to a fellow member without naming names. talked to the guy all week sounded nice and knew exactly what I had and what he wanted... checked out all his reviews they are good so far. well we meet in a fairly busy parking lot for the sale, talked for a few min then I got the box out of the truck and put it on the tailgate for him to open and check out before buying. now keep in mind I have already checked the pistol and both mags for any ammo and of course its unloaded.....well whats the first thing he does? .....yeah he did....he jerks the trigger about 3 times. by then i'm like WTF to myself....he puts it back into the box with everything else, hands me my money and says thanks have a good day.....moral of the story what is everyones take on this kind of stuff? I have had over 20 very smooth transactions on here so far and not even 1 person be so complacent as this guy! that's how people get f-ing shot man and will be the last time I do business with him on here. so i'd like to hear similar stories or what you'd have done b/c I was blown away by the idiocy I had just seen to even say anything! thanks stay safe out there guys!..........also what kind of feedback should I leave if any?

At the time of him pulling the trigger three times the gun was still yours, I would of told him like it is, "Hey man don't do that what if it had been loaded?" But as far as feedback I would leave positive but be sure to say in comments not to take a loaded gun to meet with him so that way other members know what to expect. Or say something like that in the comments. But I totally agree with you he should have more common sense than that. But thanks for sharing your story I too have learned a valuable lesson, you can not expect every person to have common sense.

I would have told him politely that he just made a HUGE mistake. It is embarrassing but it could save someones life. His and maybe even yours! If I did something like that out of ignorance or carelessness I would appreciate someone setting me straight. Life is too short and the older I get the more I appreciate it! Worst case scenario is he gets a case of reda$$ and goes home mad but when he cools down he'll respect you for it. Been there and done that!

The guy gave you a smooth transaction so if you leave feedback it should be good but you should give him a call and tell him what he did and that he should be more careful and why ...

Trust me ... this is bad but it gets worse. About 4 years ago I had to literally kick a police officer off of my range because I didn't want him to kill himself. He would shoot 3-4 rounds and then stop and SCRATCH HIS HEAD WITH THE BARREL OF HIS STILL LOADED GUN while he was looking down range at his target! I caught him doing it twice and scolded him before I made him unload his gun and leave so he could keep his brain. (the policy at the range is you have to give them a warning first)

welp I sold another gun today.....lets just say handgun to a fellow member without naming names. talked to the guy all week sounded nice and knew exactly what I had and what he wanted... checked out all his reviews they are good so far. well we meet in a fairly busy parking lot for the sale, talked for a few min then I got the box out of the truck and put it on the tailgate for him to open and check out before buying. now keep in mind I have already checked the pistol and both mags for any ammo and of course its unloaded.....well whats the first thing he does? .....yeah he did....he jerks the trigger about 3 times. by then i'm like WTF to myself....he puts it back into the box with everything else, hands me my money and says thanks have a good day.....moral of the story what is everyones take on this kind of stuff? I have had over 20 very smooth transactions on here so far and not even 1 person be so complacent as this guy! that's how people get f-ing shot man and will be the last time I do business with him on here. so i'd like to hear similar stories or what you'd have done b/c I was blown away by the idiocy I had just seen to even say anything! thanks stay safe out there guys!..........also what kind of feedback should I leave if any?

1st thing you should of done when you took it out was check and make sure it was unloaded. doesnt matter you checked before you put it in the box, whenever you handle a gun 1st thing you should do when picking it up is make sure its clear. do it everytime, all the time no matter what, even if you checked it when you put it in your safe, check it when you take it back out. and of course, the first thing that guy should have done is check and make sure its clear also, dbl check you are giving him a unloaded gun. as far as i go, i dont care if its my dad (who taught me gun safety) that hands me a gun, 1st thing i do is make sure its clear. remember to check, check, recheck, then check again. complacency kills.

Why would you leave negative feedback? You got your money, he was on time, no reason to leave negative. Had this been me and you left me a negative I would argue it and win against you. No reason at all to leave a negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom