what would yall have done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No negative.

But it's my gun I'm going to clear it before I hand it to someone. It's my gun it's my responsibility.

And I would have made on-the-spot corrections when dude started pulling the trigger.

Good thing it was clear. Otherwise would have been a parking lot pop!

welp I sold another gun today.....lets just say handgun to a fellow member without naming names. talked to the guy all week sounded nice and knew exactly what I had and what he wanted... checked out all his reviews they are good so far. well we meet in a fairly busy parking lot for the sale, talked for a few min then I got the box out of the truck and put it on the tailgate for him to open and check out before buying. now keep in mind I have already checked the pistol and both mags for any ammo and of course its unloaded.....well whats the first thing he does? .....yeah he did....he jerks the trigger about 3 times. by then i'm like WTF to myself....he puts it back into the box with everything else, hands me my money and says thanks have a good day.....moral of the story what is everyones take on this kind of stuff? I have had over 20 very smooth transactions on here so far and not even 1 person be so complacent as this guy! that's how people get f-ing shot man and will be the last time I do business with him on here. so i'd like to hear similar stories or what you'd have done b/c I was blown away by the idiocy I had just seen to even say anything! thanks stay safe out there guys!..........also what kind of feedback should I leave if any?

This should be closed and deleted. If you didn't say anything to the buyer, who's money you happily took you surely don't have any business posting this on open fourm. Yes I see this same action daily by ppl coming in the store and it's our job to check and show clear before handing any weapon over to someone. The buyers should receive positive feedback without any mention of this.

I always make sure a gun is clear in front of them before handing it to someone.

I first give permission to dry fire before I complete the transaction or warn against it before even handing a firearm over.

The fault lies with you for not laying down ground rules.

He paid you, he gets good feedback. Now that you brought this into the open, everyone will be checking the feedback you give him.

Better than watching someone pop in a loaded mag and start cycling it. Stuff on the ODT doesn't even phase me anymore. I just shake my head and move along. BTW, I will not sell a firearm that does not work so there is no need for the stupid testing. That is my word to everyone on the ODT. If there is something wrong with a firearm I will not sell it.

the only thing I would have to disagree with this thread on is:

SAFETY IS EVERYONE'S RESPONSIBILITY

Thankfully JMBlack did his part in clearing the weapon.
The Buyer failed rule #1
This is why we always see the negative stuff in the paper about how we would be safer without guns.

http://thefiringline.com/Misc/safetyrules.html
RULE I: ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED
RULE II: NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO DESTROY
RULE III: KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET
RULE IV: BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET

as far as the feedback, I'd like to think that we are calling out the people that aren't safe.

Yes i cleared the damn weapon before he even got there not 4 weeks ago in the safe....i know i should have corrected him bud damnit if a 50+ yr old man dont know this **** by now he has no business handling guns around people

I always show clear on a transaction and make sure the gun I'm buying/trading for is clear. (Don't take anybody's word) As far as no reason for jerking the trigger, I'm lost. I usually always do a function check after clearing one I'm Getting. At the very least send him a pm about it. May save his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom