• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whatever happened to.......

My dad used it, also used Vitalis. Mom gave us paregoric too.
Went to high school in the late 50’s with a kid, had this lustrous, jet black ducktail hair style.
Always glossy shiny, never a hair out of place. One day someone noticed a small greasy glob in his hair, told him, he whipped out his comb, slicked it down. Somebody asked what it was, he said ‘’vaseline, use it for hair cream’.

Went to high school in the late 50’s with a kid, had this lustrous, jet black ducktail hair style.
Always glossy shiny, never a hair out of place. One day someone noticed a small greasy glob in his hair, told him, he whipped out his comb, slicked it down. Somebody asked what it was, he said ‘’vaseline, use it for hair cream’.
Less shampoo needed.

My wife worked at a pharmacy back around 2017-18 in East TN down the road. They would sign you out a bottle of Codeine cough syrup (without prescription) not to exceed 3 bottles in a calendar year. Craziest thing, considering all the junkies local. It was under 10 bucks a bottle.

I was sick bad with fever and no sleep and the VA wanted to see me and wanted me to drive 2 hrs to the ER and do an overnight stay. The wife went to the pharmacy and got me a bottle and it did the trick. Knocked out all the body aches and I slept like a baby. No VA, no stay.

One of Hadacol's slogans was " Are you bald, does your head slide off your pillow at night, if so take Hadacol, guaranteed to grow hair on a billiard ball'.
Hadacol, if I remember correctly, contained a few vitamins and 12% alcohol as a "preservative" and was a very popular "supplement" in dry counties.:very_drunk:

My wife worked at a pharmacy back around 2017-18 in East TN down the road. They would sign you out a bottle of Codeine cough syrup (without prescription) not to exceed 3 bottles in a calendar year. Craziest thing, considering all the junkies local. It was under 10 bucks a bottle.

I was sick bad with fever and no sleep and the VA wanted to see me and wanted me to drive 2 hrs to the ER and do an overnight stay. The wife went to the pharmacy and got me a bottle and it did the trick. Knocked out all the body aches and I slept like a baby. No VA, no stay.

Codeine is absolutely****ingincredible when used properly (and of course, when it isn't)

And that's why we're not allowed to have it.

Back
Top Bottom