• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

what's considered a bar/restaurant?

tpgh2k

Default rank <300 posts Supporter
Tracker
10   0
Reaction score
i remember seeing a post that indicated which establishments were considered bars and which were considered restaurants a while back.

i think this will be helpful to me when i am unsure of the classification of an establishment.

anyone have an idea where i can find this?

§ 16-11-127. Carrying weapons in unauthorized locations; penalty

(a) As used in this Code section, the term:

(1) "Bar" means an establishment that is devoted to the serving of alcoholic beverages for consumption by guests on the premises and in which the serving of food is only incidental to the consumption of those beverages, including, but not limited to, taverns, nightclubs, cocktail lounges, and cabarets.

§ 3-3-7. Local authorization and regulation of sales of alcoholic beverages on Sunday

(2) Alcoholic beverages may be sold on Sundays between the hours of 12:30 P.M. and 12:00 Midnight in public stadiums, coliseums, and auditoriums with a seating capacity in excess of 3,500 persons and in eating establishments. As used in this paragraph, the term "eating establishment" means an establishment which is licensed to sell distilled spirits, malt beverages, or wines and which derives at least 50 percent of its total annual gross food and beverage sales from the sale of prepared meals or food.

So, if they can serve on Sunday, it's not a bar.

Back
Top Bottom