• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What's in your garage under restoration?

$25,000 seems about right for that car. If you're ever really worried about a car purchase, get yourself a T22-b form, fill in the vin number and ask the nearest law enforcement officer or tag office employee to run the number and sign the form for you.
You may be right but from what I've seen, hardtop drivers seemed to have moved above $30 with $35 being around average. It's the "moving out of country" and little other details about the care that would have me raising an eyebrow.
Granted, it's not this http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/5281753964.html but....

2010-07-15 001.JPG
mygarage2.JPG
I have these two ,I have had the Mustang Gt for 25 years , I have restored it once but is about ready for it again. I have had the 57 for a year and a half ,I drive it almost daily its a blast.

Yeah the price is low and you would expect a lot more info in the ad from a legit GTO owner. My landlord has been sweating a 71 Chevelle SS in Perry for $19500.00. It's a 454 car. I told him that price seemed about $10K light for that car. So after running the VIN all I could verify is that it is in fact a real Chevelle built in Kansas. So it's not a rebadged Malibu. But we can't seem to verify if it's an original 454 car. It just still seems like one of them too good to be true kinda deals.

1974 Yamaha RD350........ Long story behind it...

The short of it is that it was my bike years ago.. 2005. I was in the process of restoring it but it was a running riding bike that I loved to death. 2006 a flood destroyed my home, and everything in my garage including my beloved RD.

A friend from Chicago with a love for RD's as strong as mine came to pick it up, I told him he could have it for free if he wanted it, I just didn't have the heart to start all over again.

Fast forward to 2009 I had moved from NY to GA and my friend from chicago was with another group of friends at deals gap.. As soon as I got off work that friday I was going to meet up with them. Friday morning while I am working he lowsides in some gravel and ends up under a Nissan 350z with a body kit, when the front bumper skirt hits him it snaps his neck and kills him instantly.. Speed was approximated at 30mph, it was a blind corner, driver of the car never saw him until he was under their bumper and my friend couldn't have known the car would be around the corner. It was at a rock wall on 28, there is a memorial plaque there now for him for those familiar with the road.

A couple different people end up with the RD and have various plans for it, but last year it finally landed in my garage. I haven't had much time or money to do anything with it yet, but I have big plans. Engine was rebuilt and powdercoated as was the frame. I still need to source a new exhaust, and generator for it before I can get it running. I love having this momento of my friend in the garage and almost hate to finish it because its almost like we are working on it together right now to get it to where it is currently.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone picture

How I first got the bike in 05
View attachment 590497

And how it currently sits

View attachment 590498
I had a 76 RD400...what a beast to ride..scary fast..not as quick as my H2 750 Kawi but man love the two strokes

$25,000 seems about right for that car. If you're ever really worried about a car purchase, get yourself a T22-b form, fill in the vin number and ask the nearest law enforcement officer or tag office employee to run the number and sign the form for you.
its all in the paper work and history of car..if he bought it last year i would be concerned but if it has been owned by the same person for a few years it not a worry..unless it is sold by third party

Back
Top Bottom