• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"What's New?" questions...

B. Byrd

Default rank 5000+ posts
Ol' Banty Rooster
118   0
Reaction score
I have several questions about What's New. Maybe O. Steve or a Mod or somebody can answer.

I know W/N refreshes so that only the "new" entries and bumps show up. However, sometimes it refreshes quickly, sometimes it doesn't. I used to think that it refreshed whenever someone left and reentered the site. But it is not consistent in doing this. Sometimes I can reenter the site and the same multitude of posts that were there before are still there. Other times, I will go back to the site in just a few minutes, the the W/N entries are reduced to a few. Sometimes this is good, sometimes not particularly if I have to leave in the middle of a big lot of posts and come back to it later. Is there a way to anticipate when W/N will refresh. Is it in a given number of minutes?, at the top of the hour?, or no rhyme or reason to when it refreshes?

Also, is there a way to keep it from refreshing in the event I need to leave the site before I can work my way through all the W/N threads?

Is there a way to make it refresh sooner?

Does it initiate a refresh if I leave W/N and go elsewhere in the site and return to W/N, or does it only initiate refresh mode if I leave the site completely.

Obviously, this is not life changing, but I am curious.

I honestly have no idea what triggers a refresh on the What's New feature.

If you change your style to the new one it now has a button called "Today's Posts," and it shows everything in the last 24 hours. I use it when the What's New feature resets too early on me.

Back
Top Bottom