• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the best thing you've found at a Pawn Shop?

2 years ago walked into the LPS and bought a brand new Beretta AL391 Teknys 12ga for $900. The PS owner said the guy brought it for his wife to shoot clays, He cut 1.5" off the stock, Wife got sick and passed away before he or her shot it. Bought a new Cole stock from gunsmith buddy that installed it. Still have it and still brand new.

Hole in the wall pawn shop in Savannah. My brother needed a angle grinder for a small job so we went pawn shop hunting. Between the two of us we bought zero angle grinders but 3 model 60s for 150 bucks and I picked up a dirty synthetic stocked Mauser 98 sporter in 6.5x55. I figured its worth it for 75 bucks for the action for a build. Hmmmm a timney trigger with a heavier than the standard sporter barrel..what else about this is a suprise. Id never heard of Sporting arms in Clackamas Oregon.... Jack Warne built mausers before he and his son opened Kimber Rifle Company... its one of my best buys. Slapped a vortex scope on a used wood stock off ebay a commercial bolt shroud and had it ceracoted midnight blue. I use it for beanfield and powerline hunting. Shoots average .575 inch groups with handloads.

Got married in 84 wife bought me a members only jacket at a yard sale for $10 put it up in closet ,and give as a birthday present to me in July 85 when I put in on noticed something in pocket $2500 in 100s.I’m sure there was a pissed off husband at that yard sale.

Got married in 84 wife bought me a members only jacket at a yard sale for $10 put it up in closet ,and give as a birthday present to me in July 85 when I put in on noticed something in pocket $2500 in 100s.I’m sure there was a pissed off husband at that yard sale.
You sure the wife didn't put it there? If not what a windfall

Back
Top Bottom