• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What's the deal with RCBS dies

sounds like the die is misadjusted. the 300 black out is so small the decapping pin needs to be adjusted just right . I had a case rip the neck off inside my 300 blk die and that was what rcbs told me. they cleared the piece if brass and adjusted the die for me and i have not have a problem since.

Just use sparingly lube, I have rcbs dies only and for 50 years have never had a problem, but if you will call them they will replace them or do what needs to be done as they have the best warranty and service of anyone.

I've had very good luck with powdered mica for a case neck lube- just dip every fourth or fifth case neck in the powder and shake off everything you can. Seems to make the up stroke much easier as the expander ball doesn't drag on the neck nearly as bad.

I had the same problem with my RCBS set. Sent one back to RCBS and the same thing happen when I got the new one. Here is the simple fix. Loosen the nut on the decapper/sizer rod.. Run a case up with the nut loose it will allow the die to straighten itself. Tighten the nut back with the case at the top of the stroke. Should not have another problem after that.

I had the same problem with my RCBS set. Sent one back to RCBS and the same thing happen when I got the new one. Here is the simple fix. Loosen the nut on the decapper/sizer rod.. Run a case up with the nut loose it will allow the die to straighten itself. Tighten the nut back with the case at the top of the stroke. Should not have another problem after that.
Thanks once I get the new parts I'll give it a try

I for one don't use aerosol spray lube on rifle cases. My only stuck case was due to Hornady One shot. You might try removing the deacapping assembly and just size the case, if it sticks it might be a bad grind on the die. RCBS dies decapping assembly needs to be adjusted so that it is straight up and down, if it is not it will/can distort the case mouth on the way out. I have dies from all manufacturers and I like the Lee for ease of use and not having to keep adjusting every so many cases. I use RCBS case slick and have never had a stuck case with it. Don't over lube, you can still have problems (crushed case that can stick) even if you leave the hole open on the die. Hope you get it going!

Back
Top Bottom