• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the going rate per mile for hauling using a pickup & trailer?

According to our insurance guy - the driver's insurance will be the primary coverage and ours the secondary coverage. Driver has $500K in coverage so we're good (company has $5M). Machinery value per load will not exceed $30-40K. Weight of load will be 8-10K but there are no weigh stations along the route.

Good info & questions - thanks. Anything else I'm missing?

I have used uship.com. They post your load and the date you need it by. The drivers bid for your business and you can ask them questions.
I have a phone number for a guy who has a 3 or 4 car trailer and does jobs like this.

Hire someone that you know and trust. Agree on a payment and terms of everything especially the specifics of loading and unloading. Then move the machinery.
$1.25 per mile is a low offer to make someone since the distance is short.
If you use uship, remember one thing, you will get exactly what you pay for, nothing else.
If you want the job done safety and done right, use someone with this type of experience and pay them accordingly. :thumb:

If he piles up in a wreck and loses the load, is your asset covered by his insurance? Does he know whether or not he needs to stop at the weigh stations?

Not only weigh stations but if he is pulled over and they suspect he is overweight the fine isn’t pretty.

According to our insurance guy - the driver's insurance will be the primary coverage and ours the secondary coverage. Driver has $500K in coverage so we're good (company has $5M). Machinery value per load will not exceed $30-40K. Weight of load will be 8-10K but there are no weigh stations along the route.

Good info & questions - thanks. Anything else I'm missing?

With a 3/4 ton truck, check the data plate on the trailer. If over 17,000 lbs gross rating(even empty), driver must have a CDL in Ga.

Call DOT if you want to know more.

Back
Top Bottom