• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Whats up with GEN. 4 Glocks ??

I don't think people are really having trouble with the Gen 4's except a small number of people with 17s and 19s. These are the only guns they really changed functionally (went from single recoil spring and guide rod to same dual spring the .40s use).

I bet the people that have problems probably just have the newer springs that are at the upper end of the tolerances for the springs.

I like the Gen 2's and 3's myself. My early 2nd gen 17 is my best shooter. Like butter.

Nice. I like the Gen 3's ...19 and the 23...Buddy of mine sold his gen 3 g23 for a sig not that bad of a trade though. Other than that I heard of limp wristing the gun will make the glock a little cranky with the gen 4. I would like to blame the shooter not the pistol but I guess it depends how you shoot.

I would say there is definitely a problem with a small % of the pistols as Glock is offering a different spring for the Gen 4's and is switching the springs used in future production to these new springs. However, like I said I think it's a small % of owners having trouble and I haven't heard about anyone having trouble with models other than the 17 and 19.

That is true only the G17 + G19 of the GEN 4's have been messing up. I think Glock should have never fixed something that was not broken. To each's own,but thats just my opinion. If the less recoil thingy works then great,but they shouldve never put .40 recoil spring on a 9mm. Ill stick with the Gen 3's for now.

My Gen4 19 had a few hiccups in first 2-300 rounds thru it, maybe 3 or 4 FTE. Those could have been the gun or me or my wifes shooting. After about 300 rounds have not seen the problem again...All those rounds have been 115grain UMC's...I only wish there was a magwell for the g4's...

The wrinkles seem to have been ironed out. I ran my 17 thru a class this weekend and did not have any issues with it. If buying an updated/recent model, I do not think there will be any problems. If someone feels that uncomfortable there is always the gen 3, but I have confidence in mine following the amount of rounds I have put through it in the past few months. Plan to shoot quite a few rounds this weekend so I will try to update periodically if this thread is still somewhat current.

Back
Top Bottom