• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's up with Russia? Could this mark the beginning of SHTF???

jeepinshep

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
12   0
Reaction score
Any of you been keeping up with this "START" program with Russia? It seems that our great [rolls eyes] president signed a nuclear arms treaty with them without the proper consent of the Senate.

From what I understand, Russia wants the US to not only reduce our nuclear offensive stockpile, but also reduce our defensive weapons stockpile. Of course the Senate Republicans have a problem with this (because, after all, why should any other country have a say in how well prepared we are to defend ourselves!), and they are saying they will block it when it comes to vote in the Senate.

Meanwhile, Russia has "threatened" that there better not be any changes to the deal, or else.....

Or else what?

I mean, they agreed to help us push back against Iran's nuclear program, then they turned around and provided Iran with the necessary nuclear material to move forward with their program!

Is this going to be another cold-war situation? Are we looking at the prospect of all-out war with Russia?

What are your thoughts?

Ronald Reagan introduced the Start Treaty and it has been in effect for 20 years. It doesn't mean that the US has now lost its foothold as the strongest system in the world.

Last edited:
Russia wants our ICBM's out of Europe is what they want, they also want the missile shield out of there. We still have our silos here ( That can hit the moon) and the most advanced sub fleet in the world. We'll be okay, trust me. We have 8,000 of them, 40 or 50 won't break us :D

Let's not forget we have the Star Wars program, all ICBMS launched from foreign silos will be shot down.

Overall, I agree that there's not much to worry about now. I do so enjoy wearing my tin foil hat though, so...

Disclaimer: don't trust me, do your own research. This is just for discussion :)

Russia doesn't want to lower our defenses so that they can melt our cities with hundreds of nukes. They want to lower our defenses so that they can get maybe 1 out of 1000 nukes through. It would only take 3 (three) high altitude nuclear explosions to put the continental US in darkness. The EMP blast from each would knock out electronics for hundreds of miles. Russia has thousands of nuclear warheads. Is our defense system 100% effective? I don't think anything is. Well, it would need to be 99.99% effective.

I deleted a bunch because I got too long winded. The point is, that no matter how strong we are, we cannot assume we're safe.

Back
Top Bottom