• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Whats Worng with my babby?

And because of that nothing ever goes wrong or short circuits or burns up.

As I stayed before "Assuming all else is equal and properly functioning you can't "jam" high amps through tiny wires if the impedance won't allow it."

Amps cannot flow unless the "Z" says it can. 12vdc is 12vdc and will always be 12vdc.

Edited because I can't type on my iPhone with a glass of JW in the other.

Last edited:
bumble bees cant fly
body to big and wings to small
i replace a lot of stator/reg/rec combos at my shop
and it almost always follows,h.i.d. light kits and jump starts with cars.

12vdc and high current 12vdc are two different scenarios. They will both follow the circuit but one will chew some circuit up along the way.
I could full field an alternator for example. But you rev it up in a test state like that and every bulb and fuse will pop. Still 12 volts. Just a damage inducing 12volts.
Apparently, N34 just got called, someone got a bingo!

ALL battery's have gone sky high...Even a cheap battery is high...

Mine was a 14B-4; found the average price to be around $80-90... until I looked at Autozone, who wanted $240. What?!? Even the guy behind the counter looked shocked when he saw that. Finally found it for a sane price at Batteries Plus, who confirmed my suspicion that the old battery had a bad cell or two (very low on cranking amps). Absorbed glass mat battery.

I do worry about the stator providing enough charge, as I run heated undies when the temps get below 40 or so. Put a voltmeter in the dash to keep an eye on it.

Back
Top Bottom