• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What's your favorite Cowboy style gun

chosinsteve132

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
25   0
Reaction score
I just acquired a 1962 Winchester model 94 30-30 and it is my first lever gun aside from some Browning BL-22's I have in different grades and finish's. I know because it's a pre-64 that the collectability is higher on these 94's, it's in almost excellent shape...no rust, pitting, cracks in the wood any where. Should i shoot this thing or just put it up with the rest of my collection? I have many firearms and only shoot a few, if anyone has any advice I'm more then willing to listen to it

Shoot it! But clean and oil it good before you put it away. Those things were made to be shot so enjoy owning it. Congrats on having a fine rifle.

I've got three pair of Colts. My match pistols are Colt SAA NRA Commeratives in 45LC. I like the NRAs 'cause they have the case hardened frame and blue cylinder and barrel. I shoot in Cowboy Action and they are ideal for me.

I traded on here a few weeks ago for a Marlin 94 .357 lever and LOVE it. This little rifle is by my side in my pick-up all day long here on my little patch of earth. I can't think of anything in my area that it can't handle, man or beast. Having others to choose from I pick this Marlin .357 lever along with my Colt 1911 .45 for daily companionship.

3 screw Ruger chambered in 45 Colt. Winchester 1892, saddle ring carbine. I don't have a 92, but it's been my favorite before I ever held one. John Wayne carried and shot one in a boo-koo of his movies. It's just the slickest, handiest, best looking of all the Winchesters' to me.

Back
Top Bottom