• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

WHAT'S YOUR SOLUTION FOR STATIC

77REBELBOWTIE

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
I've read people talking about static affecting reloading. I have dealt with static causing other types of powder and small particulate substances to stick to plastic. Should you use something to ground equipment or wear something that doesn't create static? Like you wear when working with electronics. Is there a difference between a wooden work bench and a metal one, as far as static?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

I've read people talking about static affecting reloading. I have dealt with static causing other types of powder and small particulate substances to stick to plastic. Should you use something to ground equipment or wear something that doesn't create static? Like you wear when working with electronics. Is there a difference between a wooden work bench and a metal one, as far as static?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk[/QUOI keep some dryier sheets in a glass jar by my reloading bench and use them to wipe off various reloading tools and put a piece of one under my powder cap.

I do not do anything. That is not to say no one else should. I have just never had an issue.....in 25+ years. I do have to tap the side of my funnels and powder drop to get every grain to fall. I use a wooden bench.

Exactly what was said above about dryer sheets. My powder measure has one it it right now. I keep one in it unless I'm using it. Also wipe down the powder scale with one before and after every use. Keeps the static away and helps the powder to all come out when using and after. Best, cheapest thing to do.

Not inexpensive, but these are about the best thing I have used to eliminate static.

Capture.JPG

https://www.amazon.com/Milty-5036694022153-Zerostat-Anti-Static-Blue/dp/B0033SHDSS

Back
Top Bottom