• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wheelers Cerama-coat gun finish

PA4476

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
168   0
Reaction score
I have used this before on a couple shotguns. And I have had a can sitting on the shelf for over a year. Well, Saturday I decided to put it to use. This is some good stuff, just clean really well with acitone, spray a couple coats and bake at 300 degs for 30 min's. I bead blasted the others in the past before coating, but the instructions say you don't have too. So I just cleaned and painted this time. One 4 oz can done 3 Glock slides and a Colt Official Police.

Before ya get too upset about the Colt, it was in terrible shape when I bought it 3 years ago (for $100) Someone had bobbed the hammer and it was missing the ejector rod. I found a hammer on ebay for $40 and ejector rod at numric for $11. So I don't think it hurt the value to spray and bake.

Here are a couple before and after pics of the colt and a couple pics of the Glocks

IMG_4400.jpgIMG_4401.jpgIMG_4404.jpg
IMG_4458.jpgIMG_4467.jpgIMG_4468.jpgphoto.jpg

Last edited:
That's an attractive satin finish. Is the abrasion resistance similar to Cerakote?

Yes, it also says it is good to use on parts that rub against each other, as in internal parts. The first one I ever used it on was an old 1300 Winchester, I painted the barrel with the front bead sight still on it. I had to use a file to get the coating off the bead. I couldn't scrape it off with a knife. It is some tough stuff. expensive, but tough.

Back
Top Bottom