• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Where’s my 6.5 Grendel folks?

If you want to reload, let me know and I will share my data. My 20 inch 6.5 Grendel AR likes Nosler 123 Custom Competition (blems!) over 31.2 of CFE223 with whatever case and primer I have on hand.

For hunting, I used the Hornady 123 SSTs - they worked on the antelope - effectively went off inside the chest like a grenade. Lots of hunting success stories with the 123 SSTs. If I used 6.5 G for hunting again, I might try the Nosler 129 ABLRs (designed to open at lower velocity) or a Barnes/Nosler copper bullet.

I’d like to get back into handloading my long gun ammo, if I get the time. The 123grn Hornady ELD-M’s and Lapua Scenar’s have both caught my eye. If my daughter hunts with it, I’ll probably use the 123grn SST’s or 120grn Hornady GMX’s.

Have you looked through the 2.5-20 yet? To me I felt like it suffered the same issues as the 1-8 NX8. Very picky eyebox high into the mag range. I continued to back out of magnification until I found the eyebox to be suitable and when I picked my head up I was at 14 power. I want to love this NX8 series as NF makes solid scopes but I just think we have physics restraint at this point with compact size + wide mag ranges. Id prefer a NX6 if it existed at the same size but with more usable eyebox. I'd accept a smaller magnification range. I just love the size, weight and construction.

I’ve played with both of the new NX8’s while they were mounted, but didn’t actually fire them. The eyebox was tight at higher magnifications, but not to the point that I couldn’t use it. May be different on the range/in the field.

Any of you 6.5G guys have a suggestion for a suppressor to run on it? I built by rig for night hunting, coyotes and hogs, and already had a Q Trash Panda that I was running on my .300BLK, so I just ordered another Q quick disconnect for this one when I built it. After a few shots, I can tell this round is pushing a lot more pressure and I've been thinking of getting a dedicated suppressor for this gun. It's a 18 inch HBAR barrel, and it goes out to be shot 2-3 times a month, but when it goes out, it gets a lot of rounds put through it. Any help would be great. Also, if you guys know of a company that sells an MLOK handgaurd that is around 22 inches long, send me a link.
6.5.jpg

Any of you 6.5G guys have a suggestion for a suppressor to run on it? I built by rig for night hunting, coyotes and hogs, and already had a Q Trash Panda that I was running on my .300BLK, so I just ordered another Q quick disconnect for this one when I built it. After a few shots, I can tell this round is pushing a lot more pressure and I've been thinking of getting a dedicated suppressor for this gun. It's a 18 inch HBAR barrel, and it goes out to be shot 2-3 times a month, but when it goes out, it gets a lot of rounds put through it. Any help would be great. Also, if you guys know of a company that sells an MLOK handgaurd that is around 22 inches long, send me a link.View attachment 2687709

Nomad or nomad L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any of you 6.5G guys have a suggestion for a suppressor to run on it? I built by rig for night hunting, coyotes and hogs, and already had a Q Trash Panda that I was running on my .300BLK, so I just ordered another Q quick disconnect for this one when I built it. After a few shots, I can tell this round is pushing a lot more pressure and I've been thinking of getting a dedicated suppressor for this gun. It's a 18 inch HBAR barrel, and it goes out to be shot 2-3 times a month, but when it goes out, it gets a lot of rounds put through it. Any help would be great. Also, if you guys know of a company that sells an MLOK handgaurd that is around 22 inches long, send me a link.View attachment 2687709
Yes. Wait about a week and I'll let you know.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Actually, I didn't realized they finally announced it yesterday, I thought the launch was July 1... Nomad Titanium.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

While titanium is cool, it’s quite a bit more and I already don’t notice by nomad out front. But I guess if I bought another I’d spend the extra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom