• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Where are the rules on the feedback rules again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolformula

Default rank <2500 posts Lifetime Supporter
ODT Junkie!
50   0
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure how the feedback system rules are written I can't do anything about members just ghosting......

I'm having a deal worked out I replied in 2 hours. We was trying to work out location. Now the guy ghosted me and the items says gone. (guy never responded)

Another guy shows online, but then they won't finish working out the trade deal.

Maybe it's just me or my bad luck, but seems like their should be a way to give people a thumbs down or a ghost icon for all these people.

I guess no feedback system is perfect, but as of late to try to get a trade deal etc is not worth the amount of back and forth and people ghosting you.

You can waste a lot of time back and forth before ever a location, time, and price/trade are agreed on.

I guess I try to fully communicate to people. No thanks, don't think this deal is going to work out something. I just try my best to never GHOST anybody who sends me a PM even the low ballers.

It also seems like a lot of ADS are posted in a eBay fashion.

Where you will PM a guy, they might reply that day or the next day with something vague. You start trying to work a deal (As their trying to work the same deal with 25 people, highest bidder) then the person will just 100% ghost.

It seems to me if the person isn't pretty responsive right off back and forth, the whole deal is never going to work out my experience anyway.

Maybe if we could have badges for people after so many then they would show up. Mr Low ball, Mr Ghost, Mr Ebay auction, Mr I post for 3x retail. Or the average time a PM is responded too that would be a good metric in the profile stats.

I'm open to suggestions on improving my time here on the ODT.

I know none of us are perfect, but geesh. Especially some of these new members (less than 5). Good luck ever getting a deal closed with most of them.

Also as the buyer, I always seem to drive to the person 2-3 hours on way, and can't never get anybody to meet in the middle. (another common issue I have).

I really think I just expect too much out of people. I need to lower my expectations then I won't be disappointed.

I lowered my expectations a long time ago brother. It's unfortunate but we live in a world full of flakes. Men of their word are a thing of the past. Kids nowadays can't even show common courtesy or be punctual. It's a huge part of why this country is in the mess it's in. Hell, our Commander In Chief himself is a senile, impotent waffle.

When someone ghosts me, I usually look up their IP address. I then meticulously plan to get my vengeance. I’ll raid their house around 3 am. I breach the door, throw a flashbang, apprehend the ghoster, then take the item we discussed.

Here’s the kicker. They leave me good feedback, as they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom