• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Where can I catch crappie on Lanier?

jpdriver

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
1   0
Reaction score
Where exactly can I find the Crappie on Lanier? I know to look for brush piles or down trees but being as unfamiliar with the lake as I am, I need more info. Any particular creek or bend or cove? I just want a place to park the boat and catch a bunch. It will keep me occupied and the boat still so the wife can read her book. I have no interest to keep any. I prefer grilled trout.

I can be on the water in 25min from my house to Old Federal. I've lived in Hoschton now for 8yrs and have been to Lanier maybe 6 times. Before the big drought for years I could always find the Crappie in this one cove but when the water was down, they removed all the brush from the cove. Been there a couple times now but nothing. I tried my luck yesterday and ended up with maybe a 6" spot. I am going to take my wife out on the water next monday and if I can find some Crappie I will take the kids too.

Here's the sad part. I've had my bass boat for about as long as I've lived here and it's on the water maybe twice a year. I'm gonna have to work on that!

Back
Top Bottom