Where can I get gravel delivered cheap?

Why do you think you need 3 cubic yards of "fist size" rock? That would be considered 3's or 4's some quarries call it 34's if they even have it. Some call it surge stone, which is pricey.id it's just a driveway just get GAB or crush n run , you don't need anything else. Tell me how long and wide the driveway is and I'll tell you how much you need

I gathered that I need 3 layers from the research I did. I plan to remove the top soil, put down some geotextile material, add a 4" layer of big rock, then a 4" layer of medium rock, then a 4" layer of "crush". Is this overkill for a driveway that will only be home to a Hyundai sonata?

I gathered that I need 3 layers from the research I did. I plan to remove the top soil, put down some geotextile material, add a 4" layer of big rock, then a 4" layer of medium rock, then a 4" layer of "crush". Is this overkill for a driveway that will only be home to a Hyundai sonata?
Yea it's overkill, I put roads in everyday. Your average subdivision has only 4-6 inches of crush run on it. I have seen heavy truck parking lots not get 10 inches

I'd cut or work the existing grade to as close as you can to 8' wide and a couple inches deep to contain the stone. Leaving a way for the water to drain at the soil grade would be good if it has dips in it. Fabric, 2 full dump trucks of GAB (crush run) should do 6" if it is graded evenly. Compact it after you spread it and it should have enough moisture from the quarry.

Last edited:
Often, when you buy by the full load, the delivery is free. I did a project over Christmas break. A truck load of clean #57 cost me about $400. It came from Vulcan quarry of Hwy 61, between Carrollton and Villa Rica, but it was cheaper for me to buy it from a concrete place down the road.
Look for a concrete plant in you county, they might be able to hook you up.

Sometimes it is cheaper to buy a full truckload, if you get free delivery, instead of half.
You can always use extra gravel. I had a couple of tons left over and I used some of it this weekend.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom